Wine tasting has long since been regarded as an art of the most delicate kind. Utilizing one’s senses of sight, smell and taste to discern flavors and tones captured by the fermenting process can be a delightful experience. From dry whites and sparkling wines to full bodied red wines, the multiplicity and variety available are as diverse as the graceful language used to describe them.
On the 6th of March 2012 Arebbusch Travel Lodge in Windhoek played host to an elegant Wine Tasting Event. Six suppliers displayed their very best as well as newly launched brands with 27 wines exhibited. With snacks and lovely tunes flowing from the instruments of MF Duo, the scene was set for a relaxed evening of sampling some of the best wines on the market in Namibia.
The purpose of the by-invite-only event was to thank loyal clients and service providers of Arebbusch and treat them to an evening of elegance while at the same time providing a platform for networking. According to some of the guests who attended; objectives achieved with opinions of a delightful event, wonderful atmosphere, great food and exceptional wines. Service providers agreed and expressed appreciation for an exposure opportunity for their wines.
Throughout the evening guests made use of the “five S” steps to grade and score the wines. See and the elegant wrist swirl were followed by sniff, sip and savor. Scoring cards were kept to evaluate the various brands including, but not limited to, sauvignon blanc, merlot, chardonnay and pinotage. Descriptions pertaining to texture, aroma, color, flavor and complexity reigned in conversations. A blind wine tasting competition hosted by Melle Orford from Nouveau Wines cc was also part of the event. Guests were challenged to make use of their senses save sight to discern the type of grape used in 6 different wines. 1st prize was awarded to Mr Louis van der Berg, wine fundi of the evening.
Guests who attended the event were in agreement that it was a wonderfully relaxed evening with good food, great wine and a delightful atmosphere. Arebbusch’s Food and Beverage Manager, Jerome Husselmann, agreed to a well-rounded evening, just as the wines displayed.
Article written by: Zanelle Lepen.
- Arebbusch Travel Lodge Photograph Competition Winners
- Paragliding in Namibia
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Namib Easter Desert Run
Please take a minute to rate us on the Hospitality Association of Namibia website. Click here.
- Mandla Mabale – Deloitte Consulting – Accommodation Client – 21 September 2011
- Liezel Jansen – Red Apple Events – Function Client – 7 September 2011
- Shane Hewitt – Accommodation Client – 9 September 2011
- Monika Wichert – 18 July 2011
- I.I.T – Breakfast Conference – 14 July 2011
- Namibia is an extremely eco-conscious country, please play by the rules when visiting http://t.co/WjY7gRgyE2
- Support Walking for Lions and help to save these magnificent beasts http://t.co/cUNAXumUar
- The Arebbusch Travel Lodge Supporters Club now offers you even more benefits: 1. For every N$20.00 spent at the... http://t.co/8PTcSbYbXs