It’s Shimmy for Shelter time at Arebbusch Travel Lodge:
“Shimmy for Shelter” is Namibia’s contribution to World Belly Dance Day. World Belly Dance Day happens every year on the 2nd Saturday of May and this year it falls on the 12th of May.
This event was established with 2 goals in mind 1) to make people aware of what bellydance is really about and break the misconceptions of it by organising events which are fun for the whole family , so the event can be a workshop, a flea market, a show, anything as long as it’s belly dance related, and 2) to raise money for charity. It can be any charity and is up to the organizer to decide. Having always felt strongly about animal welfare, the organizer – Sascha Olivier-Sampson chose the SPCA and since the event organised is a belly dance show the name “Shimmy for Shelter” seemed to fit perfectly.
This will be the 3rd year Shimmy for Shelter takes place and it is purely based on the efforts of volunteers: people who voluteer their time, their services, their materials and more. The aim every year is of course to raise as much money as we can for the SPCA while presenting the audience with a fun show that they will always remember and look forward to every year.
There are also prizes for a few lucky audience memebers to win by means of a lucky draw as well as some specialty merchandise which is only available at this event, this includes T-shirts, jewellery, magazines, DVD’s of the show as well as CD’s with the photos of the event (DVD’s and CD’s will have an order form on the night so that we can contact you once they are available).
So all in all it’s a fun night out for the whole family that benefits a wonderful cause.
This year Arebbusch Travel Lodge is privileged to be hosting the event and sponsoring the venue.
Details of the event are as follows:
Date:12th May 2012
Venue: Arebbusch Travel Lodge
Tickets: N$70 in advance and N$80 at the door.
Tickets will be available from the 16th of April at Arebbusch Travel Lodge (From Lizé Henning and Charlene Grace only), Sardinia and the UNAM Drama Department.
As stated, there will be a lucky draw on the night so tickets need to be brought with not just for admission but for entry into the draw.
T-shirts, magazines and jewellery will be on sale, so bring some shopping money along. In addition, any donations are welcome as well.
There will also be another exciting competition running, so bring cameras along (no photographs may be taken during the show though).
- Snow in the southern parts of Namibia
- The Windhoek Show and Namrock 2011
- Namibia - Fish River Canyon
- Owamboland: Holiday In Namibia With A Difference
Please take a minute to rate us on the Hospitality Association of Namibia website. Click here.
- Mandla Mabale – Deloitte Consulting – Accommodation Client – 21 September 2011
- Liezel Jansen – Red Apple Events – Function Client – 7 September 2011
- Shane Hewitt – Accommodation Client – 9 September 2011
- Monika Wichert – 18 July 2011
- I.I.T – Breakfast Conference – 14 July 2011
- Contact Us
- Quality Accommodation in Windhoek
- Our Lodge
- All Inclusive Accommodation in Windhoek
- The Arebbusch Travel Lodge Supporters Club now offers you even more benefits: 1. For every N$20.00 spent at... http://t.co/XgaUqqkShn
- Arebbusch Weekend Special is still running, Stay with us on Friday or Saturday Night for only N$ 450.00 per night... http://t.co/eFzEhnD2C5
- No mess, no fuss camping at Arebbusch: http://t.co/JwApTCy6JK