Guest Farms are a popular option for those seeking accommodation in Namibia. They are usually family run, friendly and relaxed and can be found near most of the major centers in the country.
Accommodation is filling up, stallholders are preparing their wares and the quaint village of Lüderitz is getting all fired up in preparation for the annual Crayfish Festival to be held from 30th May to 1st June 2013
Accommodation with a personal touch
The value of staying in a Bed and Breakfast (B&B) over a large hotel can be found in the details – the waitress is all the more likely to remember your name and whether you prefer coffee or tea in the mornings, the owner of the establishment may loan you his trusty maps to help you find the famous hidden waterfall in the area, and when they ask you to “come back soon” they probably really mean it.
The light falls onto a beautiful bikini clad women, perfect blue skies contrast against reddish sand dunes in the background. The model lets a stream of fine beach sand run through her fingers as the waves crash behind her. Cut to an image of a lone seal playing on the beach before diving into the sea. This is the Africa section of the 50th anniversary of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, shot in the Sossusvlei, Namibia.
Those who are used to staying in backpackers or hostels, may be in for a pleasant surprise on a trip to Namibia. Traditionally backpackers accommodation is cheap and only offers the bare essentials – however, in Namibia you will find that owners of these establishments will often go the extra mile to ensure the comfort of your stay.
Please take a minute to rate us on the Hospitality Association of Namibia website. Click here.
- Mandla Mabale – Deloitte Consulting – Accommodation Client – 21 September 2011
- Liezel Jansen – Red Apple Events – Function Client – 7 September 2011
- Shane Hewitt – Accommodation Client – 9 September 2011
- Monika Wichert – 18 July 2011
- I.I.T – Breakfast Conference – 14 July 2011
- Namibia is an extremely eco-conscious country, please play by the rules when visiting http://t.co/WjY7gRgyE2
- Support Walking for Lions and help to save these magnificent beasts http://t.co/cUNAXumUar
- The Arebbusch Travel Lodge Supporters Club now offers you even more benefits: 1. For every N$20.00 spent at the... http://t.co/8PTcSbYbXs