Eco-FriendlyAvoid. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Arebbusch Travel Lodge is in the process of implementing a fully fledged Cleaner Production program comprising of the following elements:
1. Protection of the Natural Environment
The natural environment in which Arebbusch Travel Lodge is situated is of vital importance to the success of Arebbusch Travel Lodge as it provides us with a distinct competitive advantage. Hence the protection of the natural environment is also of paramount importance. Arebbusch Travel Lodge does this by protecting and nurturing the natural flora that is located on the grounds, and by planting additional indigenous trees and plant life wherever possible.
2. Minimizing water and electrical usage, and optimizing waste management
1. Electrical and Water usage Energy saver light bulbs are being installed wherever possible, energy control units have been installed in the new luxury rooms, geyser timers and geyser blankets are in the process of being tested, energy efficient air-conditioners are being installed and a number of water saving measures are being implemented.
2. Waste Management All waste on Arebbusch Travel Lodge that can be recycled is recycled.
In a joint venture program with Rent-A-Drum, all waste on Arebbusch Travel Lodge is taken to a central point where it is then sorted and separated in preparation for recycling.
Avoid. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Human capacity development is considered key to the delivery of excellent service and the success of Arebbusch Travel Lodge. Training is primarily done in-house by the recently established Quality Control Department while outside trainers are brought in from time to time for once-off sessions to address specific topics. The belief is that in-house training ensures higher standards of reliability and validity, and is hence more effective and efficient.
Arebbusch Travel Lodge has also become involved with the NQA’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) program. RPL is an assessment process that assesses the individual’s non-formal and informal learning to determine the extent to which that individual has achieved the required learning outcomes, competency outcomes, or standards for entry to, and/or partial or total completion of a qualification.
4. Corporate Social Responsibility
Arebbusch Travel Lodge takes pride in being involved with a number of social responsibility projects:
1. South African Sustainable Seafood Initiative (SASSI)
As far as possible, the Arebbusch Travel Lodge Restaurant complies with the sustainable seafood principles as laid out by the South African Sustainable Seafood Initiative.
2. City of Windhoek – “Teens-in Tourism”
Arebbusch Travel Lodge takes part in the annual City of Windhoek “Teens in Tourism” project. The project aims to increase awareness of tourism among the youth so that they can make an informed decision before opting for a career in tourism after completing school.
3. Nampharm Foundation Trust
Arebbusch Travel Lodge supports a number of the Nampharm Foundation Trust projects including their annual “Ride-For-A-Smile” event.
4. SPCA Arebbusch Travel Lodge makes regular donations to the Windhoek SPCA, including hosting the annual Shimmy for Shelter show.
In addition, Arebbusch Travel Lodge makes a number of once-off donations and sponsorships. Recently it has been involved with events in aid of The Hope Village including The UB40 Hope Village Benefit Concert and The Idols Hope Village Charity Ball. “The time is always right to do the right thing” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Arebbusch Travel Lodge tries to ensure that their facilities and service offerings are family-friendly. Click here to find out more about what aspects make Arebbusch Travel Lodge family-friendly.
Awards, accreditations & more
Keeping you happy, makes us happy
Bronze Award Winner
Accredited Namibia Destination Specialist
Let Us Help
Eco-Friendly / Cleaner Production Program
Find Out More