Horse Riding in Namibia with Equitrails
The Eros Mountains provide a spectacular insight into Namibia’s Khomas Hochland environment near the city of Windhoek. The area boasts a semi-arid climate with grassland vegetation that bursts into life after the summer rains.
It’s the perfect place for horse trails with winding routes traversing hills and dales, rivers to cross, and plenty of fresh air.
Enjoy this tranquil magnificence at Equitrails, located about 16kms north of Windhoek.
Activities at Equitrails
It’s all about the horses at Equitrails, although non-riders are welcome to explore the area on walks or simply relax and enjoy their tranquil surroundings.
The rides on offer include:
- Hour-long rides for all levels of rider
• Sundowner rides (about 2.5 hours)
• Mountainside breakfast rides for experienced riders (4 hours)
• Full day picnic rides for intermediate to advanced riders
• Overnight horse trekking for experienced riders (one or two nights)Overnight rides include accommodation at the neighboring Elisenheim Guest Farm as well as all meals. There is a chance you might come across some of the local wildlife on this immaculately preserved farm, including kudu, klipspringer, giraffe, blue and black wildebeest, oryx, ostrich, sable, springbok, and some fascinating birdlife.
All the horses at Equitrails are fit, experienced, and well-mannered to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
What to Bring for Your Horse-Riding Adventure
It’s important to wear comfortable long trousers or leggings for your ride as well as practical closed shoes with a non-slip sole and small heel.
Sun protection is a must and a light, long-sleeved shirt will protect your arms from sunburn.
Hard hats are compulsory during riding activities and are provided by the center.
Finding Your Way to Equitrails
To get to Equitrails from central Namibia, follow Hosea Kutako Drive and take the B1 towards Okahandja. You’ll find the sign for the Elisenheim Guest Farm and Equitrails after traveling for 15km along the B1.
Please Note: The details shared herein were correct at the time of publishing. However, with time some of this information may change. We recommend confirming information with suppliers prior to making final travel arrangements. If you do happen to find an issue with any information we’ve shared here, please feel free to contact us so that we can make the relevant changes.